Monday, December 5, 2011

Xmas Beer 2011: Day 5

First of all, I love Anchor Steam! I got superly happy when I unwrapped this bottle tonight. Another score :)

Beer: Our Special Ale 2011
Style: Ale blend
Brewery: Anchor Brewing Co.
Region: San Francisco, CA, USA
Vol: 5.5%, 12 fl oz.
Taste: At first glance, the dark, dark color throws it off. I thought it would be bitter and robust, but it's mild, pleasant and extremely drinkable. After all, it's an ale. I like the idea of this being a limited edition beer that you can only get late November thru early January. Makes it more special, well, at least marketing-wise. It's actually not an overly unique beer. A bit of holiday fruits and spices in the taste. This Anchor Brewery recipe is top-secret every year, so I took it upon myself to investigate the ingredients from other people's blogs and review sites. I found out in addition to the fruits and spices, there's also nutmeg and possible toffee or cocoa in here...very Christmasy!
Rating: 4/5



No comments: