Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas! Beer #25

I've finally reached the end of my Christmas beer journey. Today's beer is not wrapped and is the ultimate beer I've been waiting for (because I chose it). I was initially lured by the packaging. While examining the bottle today, I discovered that it's a limited edition beer, designed by an American cartoonist Ron Regé Jr., it even comes with a mini comic book. I got even more excited. The bottle is reusable earthenware, which is fantastic! I can use it as a water bottle!

Although the journey seem to have ended when I drank my last Christmas drink, it's really not over yet. I've learned quite a bit about beer, but I think there's still a lot more to explore. The journey into beer discovery is just beginning for me. BevMo, I will conquer you once more!
________
Beer: Yeast Hoist / St. Sebastiaan Golden Ale
Brewery: Brouwerij Sterkens, Meer, Belguim
Vol: 7.6%
Taste: Exquisite taste, light ale with a hint of wheat. The first taste won me over, but subsequent tastes didn't hold up to the initial taste. It was good, but does not have the complexities I've had with other top rating beers of this month.
Rating: 4.5/5 (If packaging were involved in the overall rating, then this beer will deserve a 5/5)


No comments: