Sunday, December 19, 2010

X'mas Beer: Days 17, 18 & 19

I have been behind on my beer postings. But I am all caught up once again.

Day 17: Mirror Pond Pale Ale

This is a repeat from Day 3. My thoughts remain the same for this one. I actually guzzled it down in two minutes to get ready to go out for dinner. It was actually a perfect beer for just that!


















______________________
Day 18: Hofbrau Original

Region: Munich, Germany
Volume: n/a (it's not a heavy beer, so I'm guessing around 4.5%)
Taste: Light, fizzy and pure lager. Very enjoyable and a thirst quencher beer, although I can start to taste a slight bitterness the more I drink. But overall not quite bad.
Rating: 3/5


















______________________
Day 19: Paulaner

Region: Munich, Germany (again)
Brewery: Paulaner Brauerei
Volume: 5.8%
Taste: Hoppy, light ale with a sweet then metallic taste.
Note: Reading some reviews from the beeradvocate.com website, I'm suppose to taste banana here. Interesting. I do taste a strong hint of metallic, perhaps this is the potassium from the banana. But my beer taste buds are not as sophisticated to distinguish the ingredients...maybe someday I will get there.
Rating: 3.5/5













______________________
Aside from beering. I had a wonderful Swedish/Turkish snack today. It was turkey meatballs with apple and beets (pictured below) and Turkish cheese pastry (not pictured). Exquisite!! Thanks Popnea and Leogra!

No comments: